Social Innovation Factsheet #3.2: Innovation delivered by AfriAlliance Actions Groups
This third series of Social Innovation Factsheet (SIF) delivered by AfriAlliance aims at presenting some of the innovation produced by the 5 Actions Groups (AG) that took place from 2016 to 2019. The bottom-up demand driven AfriAlliance AG are one of the vehicle created by AfriAlliance to expand and share local knowledge on water, climate challenges and solutions.
The objective of these AG was to reduce fragmentation in the water and climate actions within Africa and between Africa and European Union by bringing together and facilitating uptake of relevant knowledge, expertise and solutions.
The 5 AGs seed funded were:
- Upscaling potential of water harvesting across Africa, led by Wageningen University (Netherlands);
- Integrated Water Resource Management and Ethics (IWRM and Ethics), led by Rhodes University (South Africa);
- Efficient and Innovative Small Scale Irrigation (EISSI), led by the Ethiopian Institute of Water Resources (EIWR), Addis (Ethiopia);
- Arid African Alluvial Aquifers for Agriculture (A4A), led by Mekelle University (Ethiopia) and
- Sustainable Intensification for Resilience and Food Security (SIRAF) led by IIE (International Institute for Environment and Development) (United Kingdom)