17th “EUROPE-INBO” International Conference
Discussing the future of the European Water Directives and showcasing ambitions under the midnight sun!
Finnish authorities invite Europe-INBO this year to hold the 17th “EUROPE-INBO” International Conference, co-organized with the “Group of European Basin Authorities for the Implementation of the European Water Directives”, from Monday 17th of June to Thursday 20th of June 2019, at the Sibelius Hall, Lahti, Finland.
Organizations, administrations and other stakeholders interested in Basin Management are invited to participate in the event and share their experiences on basin management throughout the sessions of EUROPE-INBO:
- The Workshop (in English only) on “Integration of Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) into WFD Programs of Measures (PoMs) for basin restoration with a focus on lakes: governance, implementation, assessment”,
- The 4 roundtables and the Special session, which will benefit from simultaneous translation in English and French as all the plenary sessions, will focus on the following themes:
- Roundtable “Water Quality”: the objective of good ecological status and the challenge of microplastics
- Roundtable “Agriculture and climate change”: the stakes for agroecology, non-point source pollution, water availability
- Roundtable “WFD review”: Towards a practical review of the WFD application: how to deal with exemptions and “one-out all-out” principle
- Roundtable “Sea/basin interface”: Integrated management of basins and coastal waters: strengthening consistency
- Special session “International and transboundary cooperation” (including under the framework of the WFD, between EU and non-EU Countries)
A technical and cultural visit will be organized on Thursday 20th of June in the City of Lahti region.
Due to the limited capacity of the venue and availability of bedrooms (which are not pre-booked by the organizers), the organisers strongly recommend you to register to Europe-INBO 2019 (free of charge) and book your hotel as soon as possible and no later than Tuesday 16 April 2019!
For more information, please visit the event website.