AfriAlliance Roadshow Event at 2iE Doctorale
During the “Doctoral Days 2019”, which will be held from 17 - 18 December 2019 on 2iE Campus in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso), 2iE Institute will organize an AfriAlliance Roadshow. The theme of the event will be "Climate Change: Toward real solutions for a better resilience of populations to climate change".
AfriAlliance is a five-year project funded by the European Commission as part of Horizon 2020 program. The main goal of the project is to facilitate the collaboration between European and African stakeholders in the fields of innovation, research, politics and capacity building in domains linked to water and climate in order to prepare Africa in the best way to climate change challenges.
This second edition Roadshow event of 2iE, will be focus on real solutions face to climate change. The objectives are:
- To expose the prototypes of innovation related to the nexus water-energy-agriculture for climate change adaptation
- To make aware of the participants on the needs of innovations in the West African sub-region
- To help young entrepreneurs or idea bearers to find opportunities on the Market
- To improve local networks in different African countries.
This interactive event is addressed to PhD students, engineers, innovators, entrepreneurs and inventors from universities, research institutes and private sectors in Africa who have developed innovative prototypes in the domains of water, energy and agriculture.
Activities will include:
- A demonstration and pitches of prototypes
- One-on-one meetings opportunities with potential collaborators and investors
- A panel of discussion on the subject: « From the idea to the prototype and commercialization »
The event is open to the public and is free of charge.
For an impression of the last roadshow organized by 2iE, please see the video below.