IKEM Academy Energy & Climate - Social Innovation in the energy transition
Due to its growing role in climate action and the energy transition, social innovation demands greater attention at the policy level. Policy frameworks must facilitate local-level innovations to encourage an all-hands-on-deck approach to combat climate change. At the same time, a wide range of innovative new initiatives have emerged in a bottom-up movement driven by communities, start-ups and change-makers. From the traditional energy co-ops to shared mobility services, from inclusive smart cities to blockchain-driven renewables: The energy transition offers endless empowerment and engagement for citizens around the world. Recognizing the need to take stock of the latest innovation models and to trigger more policy support, we’ve made social innovation the centrepiece of IKEM Academy 2019. Join us this summer as we explore the role of innovative citizen-centric solutions in creating a low-carbon future!
The interdisciplinary IKEM Academy: Energy and Climate is open to 25-30 participants. Applicants are selected based on their academic and/or professional qualifications and must have experience relevant to the topics addressed. Places are limited, so please don’t wait too long!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Outline of the program
1. Monday 15 July |Welcome and networking dinner
2. Tuesday 16 July | Workshops and site visit: Energy autonomous village of Feldheim
3. Wednesday 17 July | Multi-level climate policy: Energy transition drivers and the role of communities
4. Thursday 18 July | Energy transition, everywhere: Harnessing the power of social innovation
5. Friday 19 July | Sustainable cities: Social innovation in the urban energy transition