Science and Policy Forum
A #GP2019Geneva preparatory event on the latest developments and trends in reducing disaster risk at the interface of science and policy
- Add your voice to the development of a technical Sendai Hazard Definition list
- Discover the latest technological advances in disaster risk reduction solutions
- Contribute to the Science and Technology
- Roadmap for Sendai and greater coherence between the 2030 agreements
- Learn from experts on how science and technology is shaping resilience towards sustainable and inclusive societies
- Find out how big data can support enhanced action for resilience
- Launch of the new journal: Progress in Disaster Science
Who will be there?
High-level ministers and UN officials plus:
- Policy makers
- Data scientists
- Practitioners committed to the Sendai Framework for DRR
Who can attend?
All participants registered for the Global Platform 2019 dialogue can join the forum. To register, please follow this link. Also, please let the Science and Policy Forum know that you are going to attend by filling in the form on the right.
Below you can download the flyer for the event, as well as the concept note with the agenda inside of it. For any more information, please contact the Forum Secretariat through email@example.com.
The Forum will feed into the GP2019, The Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD) and high-level UN meetings on climate change and the SDGs.