DAAD/CERAAS Masters & PhD Scholarships 2020 for Sub-Saharan African Students
Application Deadline: 2nd June 2020
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Senegal
About the Award: The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
Field of Study: The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme Scholarships supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
The scholarships at CERAAS are available in the following fields:
- Master Plant and Microbial Technology
- Master Agroforestry, Ecology and Adaptation
- Master Phytopharmacy and Plant Protection
- PhD Ecole Doctorale – Sciences de la Vie, de la Santé et de l’Environnement (ED-SEV)
Type: Masters, PhD
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (second class upper division)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public or private university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector or d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Number of Awards:
- Masters: up to 1 In-Country and 3 In-Region scholarships
- PhD: up to 1 In-Country and 2 In-Region scholarships
Value of Award:
- The scholarship covers Tuition, Travel, Study and Research allowance, Monthly living and accommodation allowance as well as a Final allowance.
- DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 2 up to 6 months. Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
- a monthly scholarship payment for living costs which amounts to 1.000 € per month
- health/accident/personal liability insurance
- a flat-rate travel allowance
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
Duration of Programme:
- PhD programme: up to three years
- Master programme: up to two years
For further information and to apply: https://www2.daad.de/medien/deutschland/stipendien/formulare/st32_call_for_scholarship_applications_senegal_ceraas.pdf