Vacancy: Program Officer, Aquaya
The Aquaya Institute (Aquaya) is an independent, non-profit research and consulting organization dedicated to safe, equitable, and sustainable water and sanitation in developing countries. Our mission is to improve public health by reducing the burden of waterborne diseases. Aquaya was established in 2005 to provide development agencies, governments, and implementing organizations with a trustworthy and agile resource for conducting rigorous research, experimentation, and evaluation.
Aquaya has completed projects spanning public health, economics, technology development, and social entrepreneurship in over 20 countries of Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We have published or contributed to over 30 peer-reviewed research articles and produced numerous other reports and publications.
Aquaya maintains an office in Nairobi, Kenya. Staff members are also located in the US, Europe, and other African countries. Many of our projects are carried out in collaboration with academic research groups and expert consultants.
About the Program Officer position
We are recruiting a Program Officer for a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda, with extensive travel to field sites: Kabarole and Lira Districts. The Program Officer will report to Aquaya’s Senior Research Manager and will lead activities in Uganda for a new initiative for Aquaya, the Hilton Africa Water Quality Testing program. This Program Officer will be responsible for executing all of the related program activities in Uganda, including overseeing water quality data collection and collaborating with Makerere University to develop a new Water Quality Testing Fellowship program. Specific activities include:
Specific activities include:
- Collaborate with Makerere University to develop the details of the Water Quality
- Testing Fellowship program
- Engage with key stakeholders, including national and local government
- Oversee the procurement of water quality testing equipment and supplies
- Assist with the development of data collection tools and research protocols
- Coordinate water quality testing activities in Kabarole and Lira Districts
- Conduct analysis of water quality samples for physical, microbial, and chemical parameters
- Ensure the implementation of data QAQC procedures
- Clean and manage datasets
- Contribute to reports and dissemination materials
- Disseminate findings to key stakeholders
Find out more about the position, and how to apply here: https://aquaya.org/program-officer-uganda/