UNEP GEMS/Water Capacity Center: Short Online Courses
The application process for the GEMS/Water online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses is now open. The deadline for applications is the 10th of December 2021. All the information is available here: https://www.ucc.ie/en/gemscdc/onlinecourses/.
These short online courses at postgraduate level are aimed at individuals involved in all aspects of freshwater quality management, staff in higher education and research, and industry staff responsible for water use, wastewater treatment and discharge.
The courses are accredited by UCC and may be used as credits in other appropriate degree and diploma programmes. Moreover, they are delivered fully online, enabling you to study at times that suit you. Each module is twelve weeks in duration.
Further information of each one of the courses can be found by clicking on the following links:
- Freshwater Monitoring Programme Design: https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/science/ev6012/
- Quality Assurance for Freshwater Quality Monitoring: https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/science/ev6013/
- Data Handling, Assessment & Presentation for Freshwater Quality Monitoring: https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/science/ev6014/
- Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment in rivers/lakes/reservoirs: https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/science/ev6015/
- Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment of Groundwater: https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/science/ev6016/
- Freshwater Quality Monitoring with Biota and Particulate Matter: https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/science/ev6017/