UNEP GEMS/Water Capacity Center: Continuous Professional Development
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) modules are short courses for professionals looking to expand their knowledge in specific areas relevant to their work. These new modules offered by the UN Environment Programme GEMS/Water Capacity Development Centre, in conjunction with University College Cork (UCC), are aimed at individuals involved in all aspects of freshwater quality management, staff in higher education and research, and industry staff responsible for water use, wastewater treatment and discharge.
- The modules are accredited by UCC and delivered entirely online, enabling you to study at times that suit you, in conjunction with the UCC Centre for Continuous Professional Development.
- Each module is twelve weeks in duration with two or three new lessons per week.
- The assessment for each module comprises two online Multiple Choice Question tests.
The following modules are offered:
- EV6012 Freshwater monitoring programme design
- EV6013 Quality assurance for freshwater quality monitoring
- EV6014 Data handling, assessment and presentation for freshwater quality monitoring
- EV6015 Water quality monitoring and assessment in rivers, lakes and reservoirs
- EV6016 Water quality monitoring and assessment of groundwater
- EV6017 Freshwater quality monitoring with biota and particulate matter
Find out more here: www.ucc.ie/en/gemscdc/