20th AfWA International Congress & Exhibition
"Breaking new grounds to accelerate access to water and sanitation for all"
Welcome to the 20th AfWA ICE Kampala-Uganda 2020.
The African Water Association (AfWA), formerly known as Union of African Water Suppliers (UAWS), is a professional association of establishments, enterprises and utilities operating in the areas of drinking water, sanitation and environment in Africa. AfWA has over 100 utilities members from over 40 countries across Africa
As part of the mechanisms to enhance the exchange of ideas and recent developments in the water and sanitation sector, AfWA holds an International Congress and Exhibition every two years. The last Congress (19th AfWA ICE) was held in Bamako, Mali in February, 2018. At that Bamako Congress, the AfWA Executive Board selected Kampala-Uganda as the host for the next AfWA ICE 2020.
AfWA ICE 2020 has a number of key objectives:
- Provide opportunities for translation of research to practice .
- Identify new breakthroughs (both research and good practices) in addressing water and sanitation challenges in Africa
- Bring together a diverse range of practitioners, scientists, development partners and industry representatives, working across different areas of water and sanitation sector across the world.
- Reflecting on Africa’ progress in achieving the SDGs and establishing new impetus to achive water and sanitation for all
- Foster interactions with development partners, financing institutions and solution providers, and advocate the benefits of collaboration and support towards achieving water and sanitation for all in Africa.
- Provide a forum for young water professions, students and early career researchers and practitioners to engage with international experts, thus helping to educate the next generation and emerging water leaders.
- Contribute to the continuing development and expansion of the various international, regional and national partnerships and associations
Track 1: Water Management
Track 2: Sanitation Management
Track 3: Capacity Building
Track 4: Financing
Track 5: Research and Innovation
Track 6: Governance and Regulation