PhD Opportunities: African Water Resources Mobility Network
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and outstanding candidates for full-time study in any of the Postgraduate academic mobility scholarship programmes of AWaRMN in any of the following Higher Education Institutions within the partnership:
- Rhodes University, South Africa (RU)
- PhD Water Resource Science;
- PhD Hydrology
- Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (FUTMINNA)
- PhD Applied Hydrobiology
- Makerere University, Uganda (MU)
- PhD Chemistry
- University of Kinshasa, DR Congo (UNIKIN)
- PhD Water Resources
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Hydrauilique, Algeria (ENSH)
- PhD Hydraulics
Type of mobility (scholarships)
Degree-seeking Mobility (long-term study that leads to an award of a degree).
Group 1: Students who are registered or have obtained a degree from any of the AWaRMN partner institutions: RU, UNIKIN, FUTMINNA, MU, ENSH.
Group 2: Students who are registered or have obtained a degree from any Higher Education Institution (HEI) established in an Africa Union Member state apart from AWaRMN partner institutions.
Value of Scholarship
- For successful applicants, AWaRMN funding will cover the following areas:
- Participation costs (e.g. tuition/registration fees) of students.
- Research costs (e.g. field work, laboratory consumables).
- PhD: 900 Euro per month.
- Special allowance to female students for mobility equal or more than 2 academic years, viz –PhD: 900 Euro per year.
- Economy class roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs
- Insurance (Health, accident and travel)
- One-off settling-in allowance upon arrival to cover installation costs, viz –PhD: 900 Euro.
General eligibility: To be eligible for support from AWaRMN, applicants must:
- be a national of an African Union member state and resident in Africa at the time of application.
- meet the academic requirement for admission of the host institutions.
- have obtained their degree from University established in an African union member state.
- not have benefited from any form of previous support from Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, Intra-ACP Mobility, Erasmus or Erasmus+ programmes.
- must be prepared to move from home country to another country where AWARM has a partner institution. This also apply to foreign applicants who resides in a country with AWARMN institution. For such applicants, you must then consider applying to a third country. For example, you are a Ugandan, but resides in South Africa or have studied in South Africa, you can not apply to Rhodes University in South Africa or Makerere in Uganda. Scholarships are attached to mobility.
Academic eligibility Applicants must also fulfil the academic eligibility criteria of the partner institution(s) of their choice.
To find out more, download the document below.
To apply, please follow this link: https://ru.infoready4.com/CompetitionSpace/#competitionDetail/1811907