Webinar: Covid-19: A Water Professional’s Perspective
The Covid-19 pandemic is prompting questions for the water supply and sanitation sector globally. While operators provide their services within a national context, scientific and operational concerns and insights are relevant across borders. This IWA Online Dialogue gathers experts in water and sanitation from across the globe and aims to address some of the most pressing questions for water professionals.
The event will focus on addressing the impacts of the virus for the water sector. The expert panel will discuss topics such as the fate and inactivation of the virus during water supply treatment, public health (aerosol risk in buildings, water reuse schemes and reuse of sewage sludge), and the impact of this crisis on the water sector and water professionals.
The audience will learn about the following topics:
Wastewater monitoring to help detect the presence and spread of the virus in communities.
- The fate and inactivation of the virus during water supply treatment.
- Public health (aerosol risk in buildings; water reuse schemes; reuse of sewage sludge).
- The impact of this crisis on the water sector makes water professionals an essential profession.
- Health and safety of those who are responsible for delivering water and wastewater services.
- Proactive customer engagement (communications on handwashing & water safety, financial difficulties associated with bill payments, etc.).
International Water Association
- Joan B. Rose, Homer Nowlin Chair in Water Research, Depts of Fisheries & Wildlife and Plant, Soil and Microbiological Science, Michigan State University
- Charles (Chuck) Haas, Department Head, LD Betz Professor of Environmental Engineering, Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering, Drexel University
- Rosina Girones, Professor of Microbiology and Head of the Microbiology Section of the Genetics, Microbiology and Statistics Department, University of Barcelona
- Gertjan Medema, Principal Biologist, KWR, The Netherlands
Please find out more and register here: https://iwa-network.org/learn/covid-19-a-water-professionals-perspective/